Saturday, August 25th, 2018

Yesterday for me started as any other day. I woke up, chilled at home with Kane for as long as I could, doing things around the house, not anything unusual for me.

I had been in contact with people from when I was at Glen Oaks and received a call around 12:30 p.m. from a gentle man named Frank who said he was in trouble. Well, okay shoot. So I get myself together in a hurry and drive out to W. Thacker drive in the city where the “safe house” was. I could tell he had been scamming everyone again, but I stayed, gathered all of his belongings and took him with me. He was no longer welcome there.

We get in my car and start doing suicide circles again, all while he was “helping me” navigate when he couldn’t even tell me where he was, yet he lived there. I was relying on Apple Maps to navigate us. I’m thankful that I was taught to drive and navigate by fantastic people including Papa and in my heart my Dad. Between them and all of my guardian angels I was fine.

It’s about 3:30 p.m. and I finally stopped and got myself and him food after driving and finding the rest of his belongings and my phone starts blowing up again. You guessed it, another one of my strays that I take in was with his emotionally abusive wife and were now upset at me. I wasn’t the one who cheated on her, but yet here she is.

Dom’s cool and all, but him being a Latin King with many kids and baby mama’s, I just can’t handle it. The current wife, who keep in mind I Cant even remember her name, starts going at me. Great. So I call the angel of a mother who was a state away and let her know what’s going on.

In the 5 minutes I was inside getting and waiting for food, Frank has left the car, took the $20 I gave him and managed to go get a fifth of Fireball. Being annoyed and done I told him to get his butt in the car and lets go!

We get the food and I start to go to a Guitar Center yet he can’t get me there so again, Apple Maps to the rescue. Keep in mind from the time I picked up to now it’s 3:30 p.m. and still wasting more and more time. I decided right then in there that I wanted to go to the beach which is what I had wanted to do for a long time.

I pulled over in the airport parking lot, gathered us back up, all while my phone won’t stop going off. Baby Mama’s can be SO annoying. I yell at her and tell her to eff right off and turned my phone on Do Not Disturb and start on our way.

I found the address for Montrose beach and started the 45 minute drive there. I suggested Frank take some of his medicine because I knew it would knock him out and I could get some peace. I was able to safely get us to Montrose all while he was in and out of consciousness.

He has the mental capacity of a Dementia patient due to 15+ years of drugs and alcohol abuse. His family think’s it’s just “Frank being Frank” which is fine but he’s going to die soon. He will if they don’t get it together and stop letting him hurt every single person he comes across.

They are very petty people who block him when he needs them the most because they don’t want to deal with him. That’s fine, but he’s a safety concern for everyone else. He needs to be in an adult living facility for at least a year or prison. If they don’t do anything I will.

Its now 5 p.m. and we finally make it! It’s gorgeous but I have to babysit a man child. Mean while the Polish ex-wife is still blowing up my phone. I find a group of 20+ year olds, find the guy with the deepest voice and have him pretend to be a CPD officer. It kind of worked, but not really. Frank is passed out under a tree.

The mother of Dom called and said to leave it alone, so I did. Now to focus on me, right? NOPE! Frank regains consciousness and starts walking around. He said he needed space so he started to walk with just his phone. 20 minutes later I realize I haven’t seen him. I call him and he’s like I’m at the beach! Okay.. yeah me too? Where?

He hands the phone to a stranger who tells me where he is, 5 miles away. WTF. So I got in my car and went and found him again. Its now 6 p.m. I find him at Wilson park due to a very kind gentleman Joe who kept him safe. His girlfriend was with Frank when I finally got there. He’s passed out in the grass so we wake him up and I give him his meds and detox him even more. It’s 6:30 p.m. and I’m at the beach! Baby sitting, but at the beach!

I wanted to go to an AA meeting in Wilmette so after an hour and a half of detox, I get him back in the car. We made the ending of the meeting but that’s okay! Still detoxing but were safe! I get to listen and be with him so thats awesome!! This dude is a member of Slayer and knows Slipknot! How cool! I feel like a rockstar too!

The meeting ends at 9 and I said oh shoot! So I haul ass back home. I get off on Ogden Ave., realize we’re never going to make it, and search for Glen Oaks. I get gas, get some food for myself, and collect us back into the car. I knew I couldn’t do it anymore and that this was it.

I drive him there, had him involuntarily checked in, and explained everything I just wrote, and washed my hands of him for the night. At least he was safe and so was I. I contacted Papa, who contacted the mother. We were safe.

One thought on “Saturday, August 25th, 2018

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s